Interior Design and Furniture Trends
Along with so many other things in life, interior decorating styles change over time.
Here are some that are hot right now.
- Uniqueness – This interior design trend can be very broad, but essentially it encompasses having items such as unique furniture, one-of-a-kind artistic creations, and distinctive patterns throughout a person’s home.
- Eco-Awareness – From cars to household products and now furniture, everyone is jumping on the “green” bandwagon. More and more people are recognizing that it is very important to accept societal responsibility and show a commitment to our environment. You can become environmentally friendly by simply using “green” interior decorating products and furniture such as organic linens, pillows, rugs, couch covers, and much, much more. In fact, some have even gone far enough as decorating with homemade items. In addition to using environmentally friendly items, it is common to use brown, beige, and green hues to create an environmental feel inside your home.
- Fun Flair– While this style may overlap a little with uniqueness, it focuses more on having fun, colorful, over-dramatic items in your interior decorating plan. In regards to color, the brighter and bolder the better.
- Culture Shock – Taking decorating influences from other cultures and ethnicities is very popular. You can add certain cultural pieces to your décor or even make entire rooms dedicated to one or many cultures. Popular examples include oriental themed interior designs and designs from African culture. Traditional Chinese paper lamps are also a trendy choice. Using African drums as side tables and as decoration is popular. Another trend is to place exotic artwork such as photos, paintings, and sculptures throughout one’s home. You can mix and match cultural designs to create the ultimate global adventure right in your home.
- Simple – This style is ever-lasting. It adds elegance to any room. Keeping interior designs and furniture simple will leave your home looking un-cluttered, larger, and more open.
- Classic – It seems like this interior design will never go out of style. Similar to a simple design, classic designs are elegant and leave any home looking un-cluttered and classy.
- High Dining Tables – Since the dining room tends to be a place for family and friends to gather and enjoy each other’s company and scrumptious meals, investing in a beautiful dining table is a wise decision. A dining room should be a formal style, yet have comfortable and cozy atmosphere. High dining tables are the table trend for 2009. And, to go with your high table you will need table-high chairs, similar to the type you see in restaurant bars. Wood is a classy and popular choice.
- Bar stools – A must-have piece of furniture . Bar stools are popular not only for actual bar areas, but also for kitchens, breakfast nooks, and other places of a home. They are fun and useful additions to any home and there are numerous bar stool designs to choose from.